Join us!What is Wesley Connections?
Wesley Connections is a newly established resource group at The Wesley School. Wesley Connections allows those in the Wesley community, who wish to connect with others, an opportunity to connect based on cultural and social similarities. The purpose and goal of Wesley Connections is to enhance your experience at Wesley. There may be people you share social similarities with but don't know them because they have children in different grades. Wesley Connections can be a bridge to meeting new people.
All are welcome to participate – parents, faculty/staff, admin, and allies!
How does Wesley Connections work?
The goal is to have each group meet once per trimester. The groups will decide if they want their gatherings to be parent or family focused. Resource groups will meet off campus at a time/place of their choosing. If groups want to meet more than once per trimester, that's great.
For a resource group to start, there needs to be at least two people interested in participating and needs to have a leader.
How do the groups run?
Each group has a leader who will send the group details on the meeting - location, date, time, etc. The leader will also report back to the Wesley Connections Coordinator, Jackie Lay (3rd grade mom of Jackson). Read our Wesley Connections Guidelines for more information.
What if I'm interested in leading a particular group?
If you see a group that doesn't currently have a leader and want to take on that role, please email CODI@wesleyschool.org and let us know. We'd love to have your participation and support!
What if I don't identify with any of these groups?
We want to provide a space where people can get together and expand their experience at Wesley. If you do not identify with any of the groups listed, we'd love to hear from you. Let us know your interest and what group you'd like to lead! Please email us at CODI@wesleyschool.org.
Can I sign up for more than one group?
How do I sign up?
Send an email to CODI@wesleyschool.org, include your full name, email address, group(s) interested in joining, name and grade(s) of child(ren), and we'll be in touch!
- LGBTQIA+ Families
- Adoptive Families
- Single Parent Families
- 50+ Families
- Black/African-American Families
- Latino/Hispanic Families
- Asian-American/Pacific Islander Families
- Families with Learning Differences
- International Families
- Star Wars/Star Trek
- Artists, Writers, Filmmakers & Musicians
- Navigating Technology Group
- Only Child Families
Group Meet Ups
As Wesley Connections groups set dates for their gatherings, we’ll post the dates on the external Wesley Calendar and on this webpage. For safety reasons, event details such as location will not be listed. If you are interested in attending any of the group meet ups, please email CODI@wesleyschool.org for event information.
Group Meet Up Dates:
- Friday Nov. 6th, 6pm - Adoptive Families Meeting with Melanie Elliott leading.
- Saturday, Nov. 7th, 4-5pm - 50+ Meeting with Dave Fulton leading.
- Friday, Nov. 13th, 7-8pm - Single Parent's Meeting with Jackie Lay leading.
- Saturday, Nov. 14th, 7-8pm - African-American/Black Families Meeting with Daniel Fuselier leading.
- Sunday, Nov. 15th 10-11am - Only Child Families Meeting with Rachel Mottaz and Amy DiBianca leading.
- 2nd Wednesday of Every Month - Asian/Pacific Islander Meeting with Christine Lim and Roxanne Berardinelli leading.