What Is this Hosted Party Thing All About Anyways???
A hosted party is an event hosted by a Wesley parent or group of parents. Those parents are responsible for the planning / funding of the event. Each party has an admission “fee” and all of the proceeds go directly back to Wesley! Hosted parties are all about meeting other parents and families, raising funds for Wesley, and, above all else, having FUN!
Who can host a party?
ANY Wesley parent or group of parents!
Is there a specific timeframe during which hosted parties should be scheduled?
Parties can be scheduled any time during the school year.
I am interested in hosting a party – what do I do?
Contact Lindsey Drasin or Jill Thomas
I would like to host a party, but it feels like a big commitment of time / money – can I get some help?
Absolutely!! You can recruit other parents to serve as co-hosts or just let us know and we will try to help out finding co-hosts!
How do I attend one of these amazing parties?
You can sign up for parties below or through the Parent Portal.
Can anyone attend a Wesley hosted party?
ANYONE can attend a Wesley hosted party - please spread the word!
Are the parties for parents or kids?
A little bit of both and that is the fun part! Some parties (like wine tastings) will be parents only for a fun night out while others will be kid-centric and appropriate for the whole family (take a look at our ideas page for some thought starters…)
Let's get this party started!!
Ideas for Parent Events:
- Cooking Classes
- Fitness Events (Golf Outing, Tennis Clinic, etc.)
- Get Glam! (blowouts @ Drybar, mani-pedis @ Bellacures, etc.)
- Wellness Day (Massages, Yoga, etc.)
- Wine Tasting (at your home or favorite restaurant)
- Dinner Parties (at your home or favorite restaurant)
- Get Crafty! (Jewelry Making, Perfume Making, etc.)
- Feeling Artsy! (Adult Art Lesson, Flower Arranging, etc.)
- Game On! (Poker Night, Bunco Brunch, etc.)
- Hoop Dreams! (Lakers/Clippers Group Outing)
Ideas for Kid Events:
- Let’s Get Physical! (Bowling, Rollerskating, Pump It Up!, Sky High, etc.)
- Museum Parties (Long Beach Aquarium, Kidspace, Natural History Museum, etc.)
- Cooking/Baking Parties (Little Acorn, Piccolo Chef, Duff’s Cake Mix, etc.)
- Get Crafty! (Jewelry Making, Painting, Ceramics @ Color Me Mine, etc.)
- Mini Pampering Party (Little Rockstar Salon, Le Chic Kids Day Spa, etc.)
- What’s the Story? (Books & Cookies, Storyopolis, Scribble Press, etc.)
- Whatever Your Child Loves! (American Girl Luncheon, L.A. Zoo Outing, Mini Golf / Go-Karting, Lego Party, Gardening Party)
- Take Me Out to the Ballgame! (Dodger Game Day Outing)
- Easy Parties You Can Do At Home (Cookie Decorating, Pizza Making, Kids Movie Night, etc.)
Ideas for the Whole Family:
- End of School Year Party (Bounce House, BBQ and a little pre-summer fun!)
- Springtime Tea Party
- Books & Bears Brunch (Kids bring their favorite book and a teddy bear for a casual brunch the whole family can enjoy)
- Western Round Up (Don your denim for delicious BBQ, crafts for little cow-pokes and some country line dancing!)
- Family Outdoor Movie Night (Popcorn, PJs and your favorite Family Movie!)
- Beach Party
- Holiday-Themed Events (Easter Egg Hunt, Passover Cooking Class for Kids & Grownups, Memorial Day BBQ, etc.)
- Family Olympics (A day of fun-filled sporting events followed by a picnic lunch)
- All-Family Game Night (An evening of pizza and games with classics such as Candyland and Chutes & Ladders)