Wesley Library curated by Ms. O: Click on CODI to see the books available in the library. These are books that are by and/or about under-represented people. Books specifically for adults have a ‘P’ designation.
The Conscious Kid: www.theconsciouskid.org, An educational research, and policy organization that supports families and educators in disrupting racism, inequity, and bias. They have curated an Anti-bias book list for families.
The Imagine Neighborhood Podcast: A podcast geared towards supporting parents with difficult conversations.
This article is written by Louise Derman-Sparks and Julie Edwards, leaders in anti-bias pedagogy, who explain the foundational principles and framework for why we teach anti-bias education. https://www.naeyc.org/resources/pubs/yc/nov2019/understanding-anti-bias
PoCC 2022 Bookstore Top 10 List (for strategies, best practices and inspiration!):
- The Art of Community: Seven Principles for Belonging by Charles Vogl
- Deep Diversity: Overcoming Us Vs. Them by Shakil Choudhury
- Teaching Boys and Young Men of Color by J Luke Wood
- Make Me Rain: Poems & Prose by Nikki Giovanni
- This Is Not A Test: A New Narrative on Race, Class, and Education by Jose Luis Vilson
- Diversity Work in Independent Schools by NAIS
- A Good Cry: What We Learn From Tears and Laughter by Nikki Giovanni
- Storytelling for Leadership: Creating Authentic Connections by Charles Vogl
- Perfectly You by Mariana Atencio
- 2022-23 NAIS Trendbook by NAIS