FA Procedures & Timelines
Procedures and Timelines for Families Seeking Financial Aid
We utilize the online service of Financial Aid for School Tuition (FAST) to process financial aid applications. FAST will be the standard submission format for all applications.
FAST does not decide whether financial assistance will be given or how much to give; rather FAST provides a need-based financial aid analysis service which includes a recommendation of what a family should reasonably contribute toward tuition. All information from FAST is kept confidential. The FAST recommendations are reviewed by the Financial Aid Committee and financial aid award decisions are based on all information submitted.
To start the process, please do the following:
* Go to the main Financial Aid page. At the bottom of that page you will find the "FAST" button. Click on it to begin. For help with the process there is a .pdf of the Parent User Guide, both in English and in Spanish, next to the FAST button.
* The application process is self-guided. You may navigate in and out of the program allowing you to partially complete an application and go back to it at another time. Online e-mail and a 24/7 helpline are provided.
* The charge for the application is to be paid by credit card at the end of the online session. If you do not have a credit card, or cannot budget the fee, please call Verena Denove at 818-508-4717 for assistance.
* After completing the online application you will be required to mail or upload your entire 2018 AND 2019 tax returns for both state and federal taxes with all schedules and W-2's to FAST Processing. Current families already receiving assistance, only need to submit 2019 information. FAST will post all the documents and provide the Director of Financial Aid online access to them. (Please do not mail or upload partial returns – we need every last page sent or the processing will be delayed and negatively impact your application.)
* The submission deadline for the FAST online application is January 19, 2020 for current families and January 30, 2020 for new applicant families.
* The deadline for tax returns for all is that they must be uploaded by Wednesday, February 19, 2020.
* This will require that you schedule your tax appointment for early February so that you don’t jeopardize your application by missing this deadline. Pre-planning is critical.
Our goal is to have an award determination for our applicant families by the time we mail enrollment decisions on March 13, 2020.
It is not necessary to have your income tax forms completed in order to submit the FAST online application. However, you will need to upload your entire (all pages) tax returns to FAST by February 19, 2020. You do NOT need to file your tax return with the government until the April 15, 2020 due date. We simply need you to get it completed early for our process.