Welcome to Student support!
Mrs. Siwek & Ms. Pullano
The Opposite of Worry: The Playful Approach to Childhood Anxieties and Fears
by Lawrence J. Cohen, Ph.D.
The Whole-Brain Child: 12 Revolutionary Strategies to Nurture Your Child's Developing Mind, Survive Everyday Parenting Struggles, and Help Your Family Thrive
by Daniel J. Siegel, M.D. & Tina Payne Bryson, Ph.D.
Planting Seeds: Practicing Mindfulness with Children
by Thich Nhat Hanh & the Plum Village Community
Raising Human Beings: Creating A Collaborative Partnership with Your Child
by Ross Greene, Ph.D.
Good Intentions Are Not Good Enough - Learn about the social code at work that can also be applied towards our daily interactions with others
by Michelle Garcia Winner
Sitting Still Like a Frog: Mindfulness Exercises for Kids (And Their Parents)
by Eline Snel
The Value of Risk in Children's Play - it's time to rethink risk and see it's benefits as well as its difficulties
by Joan Almon
Buddha's Brain: The Practical Neuroscience of Happiness, Love, and Wisdom
by Rick Hanson, PH.D. with Richard Mendius, M.D.
- Newborns (0-3 months): 14-17 hours each day
- Infants (4-11 months): 12-15 hours
- Toddlers (1-2 years): 11-14 hours
- 3 to 5 year olds: 10-13 hours
- 6 to 13 year olds: 9-11 hours
- Teens (14-17 years): 8-10 hours
- Is it a struggle waking your child up each morning?
- Does your child always sleep for at least two hours more on weekends or non-school days than on weekdays?
- Does your child regularly fall asleep in the car, at school, or other times when he or she shouldn't be sleeping?
- Is your child different- happier, more energetic, etc.- on days he or she gets more sleep?