Return to School Plans & Information
- OUR GUIDING PRINCIPLES:
- RETURN TO SCHOOL TASK FORCE INFORMATION & MEMBERS:
- SCENARIOS WE ARE CONSIDERING:
- PARENT INFORMATION SESSIONS
To help us develop our plans for the reopening of school in the fall, we have established the "Return to School Task Force," which is further broken down into four sub-committees. Our overarching goal is to work towards a viable plan for an on-campus return to school (partial or full), and to provide the best learning environment and program possible, while minimizing risk via safety measures, protocols, and policies for all constituencies. Click HERE for the list of members.
Each member plays an integral role in offering ideas, conducting research, and developing plans for one of the four subcommittees of this task force: Facilities, Blended Learning and Curriculum, Daily Interactions and Events & Traditions, and Policies and Protocols. These subcommittees, some of which have additional faculty representatives, are tasked with informing the larger Task Force of their findings, so that we can then develop a coherent overall plan for the entire school community.
Each of the subcommittees is looking at the three scenarios for which we are planning:
- FULL CAMPUS RETURN: We identify enough space on campus and viable reconfigurations of classrooms so that we can be back on campus, while emphasizing physical distancing and practicing safety/hygiene procedures
- BLENDED LEARNING: We are unable to have all students on campus at one time and will identify a hybrid of on campus and distance learning, to meet both our safety goals as a community and the educational goals of our program
- DISTANCE LEARNING: State and local mandates do not allow schools to open due to the path of the virus, resulting in a continuation of our distance learning program
In addition, we are considering contingency plans--in the event that stricter or more lenient public health guidelines are introduced at a subsequent date--to ensure that we can pivot most nimbly from one model to another if necessary.
Wednesday, August 19 at 5pm: Policies, Procedures, and Facilities Info.
Thursday, August 27 at 5pm: How's This Going To Work? An Orientation to Distance and Blended Learning
Thursday, September 3 at 5pm: Protecting Your Children's Social and Emotional Wellness at Home
Date & Time TBD: Digital Citizenship and Safety
Date & Time TBD: Chat with a Pediatrician