We ignite a lifelong passion for learning in our students, spark their creativity, and challenge each child to realize his or her full potential. We encourage children to take risks, question assumptions, and support each other’s learning in a safe, nurturing, and responsive environment.
- Nurture the social and emotional learning of our students to support their academic and interpersonal development.
- Broaden the range of elective and enrichment programs in order to enhance the core academic curriculum.
- Implement a system of collaborative peer and self-assessments to foster students’ agency, responsibility, connectivity, and accountability across classes and from grade to grade.
- Expand upon the existing buddy and peer tutoring programs, and emphasize team and project-based learning to empower students at all grade levels to lead their own learning.
- Integrate service learning more fully with the core curriculum and encourage student ownership of the service-learning program in order to cultivate a long-term commitment to engaged citizenship in the broader community.
- Support and strengthen the after-school sports program to expose students to the powerful benefits of team activities -- camaraderie, sportsmanship, discipline, and leadership -- and imbue in them a lifelong commitment to healthy living.
- Build authentic partnerships with other public and independent schools to share resources, create relationships, learn from differences in perspective and experience, and engage students and faculty with members of other learning communities.